It is possible that not everybody has ever heard of the Russian Proverb; "With lies you may go ahead with the world, but you can never go back". As well at it is possible that you would have never consider that some news you read or heard are fabricated.
These quote can be extremely related with journalists that have been caught in lies, specially the article "jimmy's world" by Janet Cooke which won a Pulitzer Prize before it was caught by being a lie.
I have never considered before that the news i read may be factually incorrect or even fabricated. I believed that for the simple fact that is unethical people could have never dear to lie to the public who truly believe and rely on them .Not to even mention that if the story is not real there would be many people who watch the article who would inquire investigations putting at risk the journalist current job and future ones, making article fabrication an unreal choice.Furthermore i always believed that the newspaper or TV news have trusted sources and always go trough editing.
Journalist Jack Shafer writes “most liars make things up for the simple reason that they don't have the talent or the ability to get the story any other way.” Altought i do not agree with this statement. I believe that there are many factor that could interfere with the journalist to push him to make up story; one of them is pressure.However i also think that if you have talent and are good at what you do regardless the job you have, the
outcome will be good, even with extreme time lines.
I believe university are doing a great job regarding graduation of journalism students. I think that they do a remarkable job teaching, if the student is talent or not or cant take pressure or handle responsibility would be the decision and responsibility of whoever hires him in the future.
I think that people cant tell you what you are able to do or no.Excellence is not an act but a habit, who knows but people who doesn't do well under the university environment might be better out in the real world than the other people.
I think that when issues of ethics arise in a newspaper ombudsman definitely helps . However it is know and show even with protest or wars that sometimes there are certain topics that can be discuss for a long period of time without etiher side coming to an agreement. The ombudsman should always be there to help look at things from different points of view and to answer your doubts.

No comments:
Post a Comment